May 6, 2021



May 6, 2021 at 6pm


Historic South Chandler—Peggy (

o Historic Community update

o Park development update

§ Set time(s) to meet with community

Healthcare—Christina (

o Activities to discuss

LatinX—Gloria (

o Activities to discuss

Mobile Park—CC ( and Gloria

o Update and next steps

Juneteenth—Michael (, Lynne, Gloria, Shawn

o I am so pleased to announce we are well on our way to bringing back the Juneteenth celebration to the city of Chandler. While this week filled of events are going to be a collaboration with other organizations in the city of Chandler, C4C will be the host for the main event on Saturday, June 19th. Below is an over view of what has been collaborated on with other organizations to bring the day together and what is currently in progress. With our organization being essentially founded during this week, what an awesome way to celebrate our one year anniversary. We will be dividing the days festivities into two parts (the caravan and park event). If you are interested in helping out and being a part of one of the two teams please be sure to email Michael L. Franklin at .

o Juneteenth Freedom Day hosted by Chandler4Change in conjunction with CMOA, BASE, Phoenix Urban League Young Professionals

o Saturday, June 19th

o 5PM-10PM

o Folley Park

o Car Caravan Location TBD

o Car Caravan event preparation 2pm

o Car Caravan arrival time 3pm

o Car Caravan departure time 4:15pm

o Park Event/ Festivities Folley Park

o Park event preparation 1pm

o Park arrival time 5pm

o Park Program Entertainment 6-8pm

o Live music from 8-10pm


o Update on Diversity and Inclusion

o Equity Symposium

Chandler Pride connection

o Meeting with President (April 15)

o Collaboration with others on Discrimination Ordinance

Meetings with CPD

o Review question bank generation to submit to CPD and to Diversity Town Hall (June 15)

HRC meeting

o Met with HRC on 4/21

o Overview of C4C

§ Request to work on upcoming projects

§ Want to participate in Juneteenth

Criminal Justice Pipeline—Michael, Gloria, Shawn

o Overview of Symposium set for February

o Met with CGCC for Venue and overview on (April 15)


o Didn’t meet thus set meeting date for draft review at C4C mtg in June

Next Meeting date: TBD